Tuesday 24 September 2013

20 Books in 2013 Challenge!


I'm feeling good now.
I reached my goal of reading 20 books in 2013. In fact, up until now, I have read 21 books in total.
Here are my list of read books:

1. Haunting Violet
2. Divergent
3. Insurgent
4. Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone
5. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secret
6. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
7. The Fault in Our Stars
8. The Diary of A Young Girl
9. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
10. Aku Bercerita (Malay)
11. Through The Looking Glass
12. The 5th Wave
13. Misteri Lif Berhantu (Malay)
14. Vila Puaka (Malay)
15. Hantu Gadis Opera (Malay)
16. Ashes
17. Shadows
18. Asrama (Malay)
19. Bisik (Malay)
20. The Beginning of Everything
21. Elegy (Hereafter #3)

So, in the end, I worked my lazy ass and picked up Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick. Gosh, I'd never thought that I will finished it. By the way, that book start out a bit boring. You need to read until 5/8 of the book to experience its awesomeness. It started a bit slow. And I don't really like a slow-paced book. You can kill me for saying that. Now when I think about it, maybe it was the reason why I preferred English book more than Malay book. Quite a few Malay books are slow-paced and usually they have a flawless female main character whom I had the urge to bitchslap. Yeah, I hate Mary Sue.

Please, I beg you, (some) Malay novel's writer, please, stop creating Mary Sue.

But I guess, maybe it's just me. Because there are many readers out there who loves reading a Mary Sue novels. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So yeah, that's all. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment